Saturday, October 8, 2011

The S Files: Profiles of the SmodSquad - File 7: madgecko82 and Bella_Jai

It's the first double shot of S-File as the BusDriver interviews Smods of Anarchy Tweeter Mdgecko82 and his more silent better half Bella_Jai. Wait, does that make them the Jay and Silent Bob of the SmodSquad? The couple tell us how they met and were later inspired by SIR to start their own podcast: Freaking Geeks. Hey, if a podcast about zombies, tits and gaming didn't tickle your fancy enough read on to discover just how hot Bella_Jai would get with a certain warrior Princess of the Amazons!




JMewesBusDriver: Usual first question: What are your real names and where are you from?

Bella_Jai: My real name is Jainee. I was soooo original in staging a name. Go me. I am from Templeton, originally from a little town called Atascadero, which I now live five miles from.
Madgecko82: Angelo Scarpelli, originally hailed from San Diego, California.

JMBD: What do you two do for a living?


Jainee: Let's see. I am a full time mom, which means I am a chef, a maid, and an ass wiper all rolled into one. I also am a pre-RN student in college.
Angelo: And I’ve been a dirty, stinky machinist for the past decade. It’s grody.

JMBD: Now, you're the first couple S-File. Let's get some background, shall we? How did you two meet?

Angelo: Oh boy. You asked for it. Don’t cry (that means you, Kevin Smith). My older daughter’s mother died from a misdiagnosis after a really shitty week. So, a mutual friend sent out a request through Myspace (note this was five years ago) to send me well wishes. I get one from Jainee and I was like: “Oh, shit. This chick is sweet and hot.” And we started sending messages to each other on our lunches. After a couple of months we were dating and so forth.
Jainee: That’s right, you could make a modern day lifetime special out of how we met. I was recently separated after a crappy marriage, and had kids of my own, so we ended being there for each other and each other’s kids when we all needed it most.

JMBD: So, being out in Cali have you ever attended a live SIR show? Which one/s and what was it like?

Angelo: We’re close enough where we could go to a show if the children didn’t keep us very, very broke. We do plan on checking out an HBO (Hollywood Babble-on) for our 5th anniversary that’s coming up so we can “get a shout out, with Kevin and Ralph, and get our cocks out, yeaaaaaaah!”

JMBD: Were you both Kevin fans or did one introduce his stuff to the other? If so, what did you go with first?


Jainee: I wasn't. Not at first. Angelo introduced me to it all. Changed my world ;). The first movie he ever showed me was Clerks.
Angelo: I started with Mallrats back in the day, then back to Clerks, then have watched every movie on release since.

JMBD: How did you discover Kevin's work (whoever did so first)?

Angelo: A few friends of mine in high school were a huge film buffs, so we used to have movie nights every week, where we used to watch films from such legends as the Coen Brothers, Sam Raimi, Alfred Hitchcock, and Kevin Smith.

JMBD: I see Angelo on Twitter a lot but not so much Jainee. Why do you feel you're the more vocal online Angelo and what keeps you away from Tweeters Jainee?

Angelo: I have a confession: I fuck off at work. A lot. Depending on what I’m working on I end with a ton of free time which is converted into tweeting and such.
Jainee: I dunno. I suppose studying and school. That and I don't know what to update on my status. No one really wants to hear what goes on in my day. I swear with this many kids, I could video record my life and sell it as a great birth control method.

JMBD: What are each of your favorite show on SIR and why?

Jainee: I have only listened to PlusOne. But I love the way Jen and Kevin play with each other…or something.
Angelo: Yeah. She’s typically too busy to listen. And from what I’ve learned is that it is really hard to read about something that has nothing to do with what you’re listening to. Anyways, what used to be Jay and Silent Bob Get Jobs, for me. I love the way Mewes and Kevin interact with each other. You can feel the depth and age of the friendship and I love that.

JMBD: I know you two recently started a podcast. Was this inspired, at all, from Kev's lead with SIR?

Jainee: Angelo is the backbone to this, I better let him answer.
Angelo: Yes and no. I was listening to podcasts before SIR, such as the Adam Carolla Show and the Nerdist, and was fascinated by the fact that some of them were making some coin off of doing it. I juggled with the thought that maybe we can do it, too, to help get some savings for our wedding. However, if it wasn’t for Kevin, I never would have made the final push. I’ve heard Kevin’s speeches a couple of times about pursuing your ideas. The gist is that when people ask him “why me” he answers “why not you?” That did it for me. Why not me? Then the dynamic that Kevin and Jen had in PlusOne and Per Diem, they way they played off each other so well, made me want to bring Jai into the fold, because I knew we could be like that in our own way.

JMBD: Did the other need any convincing to take part? What was said to get the other involved?

Jainee: Actually, yes. I was a little timid about doing our own podcast. He sold me on it when he first made the website, long before we did the first podcast. When I read the 'about us' section, I jumped right in.


JMBD: Tell me about the podcast. What's it called? What will you be discussing?

Jainee: Freaking Geeks podcast. For geek couples, by geek couples. We talk about movies, zombies, unmentionable body parts, current events, review games that couples can play together, and any other random shit that happens to be in our lives at the time. Did I mention zombies? Haha.
Angelo: …she copied and pasted my answer.

JMBD: What is your recording set-up?

Jainee: Um. Speakers at our desk. He sits on one side; I sit on the other and we stare adoringly into each other’s eyes as we talk. Yeah. Just kidding.
Angelo: Yeah, don’t ask her for technical info. We went as cheaply as possible while being able to record with good audio. I bought two usb condenser mics (Blue Snowballs) so I didn’t have to buy a mixer and we record our sessions off of audacity using two computers. You get used to syncing the tracks.

JMBD: What was the first record like? I read you found it hard. Why?

Jainee: Angelo was nervous. You would have thought two million people were sitting there staring at him. Oh, and at first I was trying to talk like Vanna White on valium or some shit. Our personal archives are pretty hilarious to say the least.
Angelo: Eh, yeah, it’s a weird thing talking into a mike if you haven’t done it before. Ours have little red lights on them that stare at you like the hungry eyes of Satan waiting to devour you once you show weakness. But with every time I’m in front of one I get a little more open.

JMBD: Angelo, you're a member of the Smods of Anarchy. We talked to MotoGPman recently. What can you tell us about the group from your perspective?

Angelo: Sean is working hard at making the riding group a real, recognizable entity. It’s awesome and I have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to put so much into a project like this. He’s a regular philanthropist (SMilanthropist?) that boy and I’m sure the group will be excellent once we really get going.

JMBD: Do you also bike, Jainee?

Jainee: "I like to ride my bycicle, I like to ride my biiiike." -singing it in my head like Queen. No, I do not, yet.


JMBD: What type of motorcycle do you own?

Angelo: I have a ’93 Honda CBR600F2 that gives me a pantload of trouble all the time, but I love it. I’ve put all kinds if goodies on it: Exhaust, stainless brake lines, HID headlight, aftermarket plastics, upgraded forks, and such.

JMBD: I know the group wants to organize a ride with Mewes. If you had your pick of rides with Jay where would you all go?

Angelo: Moobyland. Just kidding. If I had the bike for it I’d love to ride Highway 1 all the way up to Monterey. It’s an awesome ride. But I ride Sport, so it gets kind of exhausting after a while being in that type of riding position for that long.

JMBD: You told me you were into comics. What do you think of DC relaunching their lineup?

Angelo: I think it’s epic. It’s a great way to bring in newcomers and those of us that were daunted by trying to get back into it. I’m still looking for an excuse to drive the 20 miles to pick up some of the New 52 but it will happen.
Jainee: I am pretty stoked on it actually. New Wonder Woman comics? Yes, please.

JMBD: It seems to be that this stunt is all to get people into purchasing comics again. Why do you think the slump happened?

Angelo: The comic industry is very much like television and film. I’ve had lots of series that I loved get cancelled from lack of sales even back in the day. Unless you go indie then it’s hard to break into the genre if you’re picked up by the big publishers. What you have left then are just the well-established, decades-long series or spinoffs of those series that were hard to get into if you were new and hard to get back into if you had left for any amounts of time. I feel like this contributed to a steady decline in the industry.

JMBD: Your podcast is also about video games, mainly multiplayer games. What are some of your choice games?

Jainee: I love Resident Evil, Warhammer 40k, and Dead Nation.
Angelo: I’m a big fan of the Resident Evil series so Resident Evil 5 was perfect because it was two player co-op. We’re also fans of the top-down twin-stick shooters, such as Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Dead Nation, Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and such.

JMBD: Do each of you play together?

Jainee: Hell yes we do.
Angelo: Yeah. There are other games I play with other people but my favorites are the ones where we can work together on.

JMBD: Does it get competitive in the household?

Jainee: Yes, but we usually play co-op games. Even then we'll yell at each other if we aren't getting what we need or one or the other is slacking. It gets pretty comical.
Angelo: … I get a little dickheaded at times.

JMBD: Jainee, I notice you have a slew of gal superheroes as your Twitter backdrop. Got a favorite? Why?


Jainee: As you can tell, Wonder Woman is my all time fav. She's kick ass, man. Plus the lasso makes me think she can rock a reverse cowgirl.

JMBD: Seeing your pod is about movies as well and seeing how it is October, what are some of you two's favorite horror flicks?

Jainee: I grew up with Nightmare on Elm Street, those were my first loves. It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I absolutely LOVE the genre. Saw, Halloween, Pet Semetary, Descent, 28 days later, Dawn of the Dead, I could go on and on.
Angelo: Anything to do with zombies, my most recent favorite being Quarantine. Shaun of the Dead was great, along with both Dawn of the Deads. And Return of the Living Dead; Trash was the hottest zombie ever. Period.

JMBD: Speaking of horror flicks, what did each of you think of Red State?

Jainee: I thought it was different than anything I had ever seen before. I wasn't sure how I felt about it after the movie was over. I was pretty engrossed in the film while watching it though.
Angelo: She’s insane. I thought it was a great flick! It really made me think about how the lines are so blurred between what you think is good and evil. Also, it’s so rare not to be able to predict a movie, which is impossible in Red State, and I appreciate that a lot.

JMBD: Finally, for both of you, what character in Kev's flicks most reminds you of yourself?

Jainee: Um. Justice- She's sweet and smart & has a great rack…of lamb. Call me boobookittyfuck?
Angelo: Jay, the character and the Mewes. Jay the character turned me into the potty-mouthed perv I am today; I act much like him because the View Askew films were such a big part of my teenage years. Mewes the addict reminds me of myself when I going through the same crap in my early twenties, and Mewes the sober is like what I am now, stronger…but still a dirt-mouthed pervy chucklehead. Nootch. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this on us! It was fun to partake in ;) You rock our socks.

    ReplyDelete