Saturday, September 17, 2011

The S Files: Profiles of the SmodSquad - File 5: motogpman2006

A motorcycle group with a SIR connection? You bet ya! In today's S-File motogpman2006 (AKA: Smodofanarchy) tells us about the Smods of Anarchy, organizing a  ride with Jason Mewes and making hoodies for the SMod Crew. Along the way we discover his dream road trip, his thoughts on biker gangs and how they are akin to Red State as well as his own connection to Randal Graves. Fuck, would you believe that he got his first motorbike when he was three?



JMewesBusDriver: Usual first question. What's your real name and location?

motogpman2006: My real name is Sean Colleary. I'm from Long Beach California by Cal State which is kinda’ near LA.

JMBD: Tell me a bit about yourself: What do you do for a living?

motogpman2006: I'm 21 I work down in the LB port at a company called Torus Engineering. We make electrical cable for the pumps in oil-rigs..... Random huh?

JMBD: Any hobbies and interests you can pass on?

motogpman2006: I love to ride my street-bike and dirt bike. I also work on cars, skate and listen to and help out the Smod Network. Any way I can and hang with friends.

JMBD: How did you discover Kevin's work?

motogpman2006: I actually heard him on Kevin and Bean on KROQ a long time ago and looked up the original Smodcast on iTunes. Been hooked ever since.

JMBD: What's your favorite show on SIR and why?

motogpman2006: It’s a tie with Hollywood Babble-on, and Jay and Bob Get Jobs, tha Brakes , the original Smod ummm ...... well I gees I love them all. Each show has it’s own style of comedy and the chemistry in each pod is amazing.

JMBD: Now you have two Twitter names that I can see. Let's talk about the first one. Explain why you choose the name motogpman?

motogpman2006: Well the name (motogpman2006) came from when I used to race street-bike's back in 2006 until I got hurt. Motogp is the highest form of racing. In the motorcycle world it is the best of the best. It was my dream to ride that race

JMBD: Now the second one is much more recent. Just what are the SMods of Anarchy?

motogpman2006: Smods of Anarchy is a growing Smodcast motorcycle crew that is constantly growing. It's based on sons of anarchy

JMBD: So the name is based on the show Sons of Anarchy. I admit, until hearing about it on SIR I had never heard of the show. Can you explain the premise to me? Why's the show so great?

motogpman2006: The show is about a northern California motorcycle club who make money by running guns. In the show there is turmoil and fighting within the club and with outside forces. The show is heart wrenching and captivating with many twists and turns. The main chracter Jax is in a constant struggle with the direction the club is going and what's best for him and his family.


JMBD: Okay, so Smods Of Anarchy is a biker group. It seems to me that bikers tend to have negative connotations to the general populace. Why do you think that is?

motogpman2006: Because they are their own law, they do what they need to survive which people don't always morally agree with. Or the clubs are doing something not normal to society that scares them ... Kinda’ like Kev and releasing Red State is in a way parallel to that idea.

JMBD: Can you, then, tell me what your experience with biker groups have been?

motogpman2006: I've never been in one but I have ridden with some. It feels more like a family than a gang or outlaws… kinda like the sir family. Everyone looks out for everyone else.

JMBD: When did you get your first motorcycle? What was it?

motogpman2006: my first motorcycle was a 1993 Yamaha PW50 dirt bike. I was 3 years old.

JMBD: What do you drive now?


motogpman2006: I have a 2002 Suzuki sv650s street-bike and a 2004 yz250f dirt-bike

JMBD: So, you are given the chance to design your own dream bike. What would it be?

motogpman2006: That's a hard one. I think it would a cross between an MV Agusta F3 and the 2011 triumph Daytona R. That would make a beautiful bike.

JMBD: I read you are planning on riding with Mewes. I had no idea Jay biked until recently. How are you organizing this? How did it come about? What's been the feed back from Mewes?

motogpman2006: I'm organizing this mainly through Twitter with Mewes. It came to be by me calling in and was joking with them about doing a ride with Kev in a sidecar and a SIR tennis ball gun. Then I messaged Jay about it and he liked the idea. Jay seems to be excited about the idea but we need more people to commit to a ride to set a date.

JMBD: You hear that, folks. Sign up! Okay, so how many members are in SOA?

motogpman2006: We have about 81 members [JMBD NOTE: At current posting] plus all of the Smod family if they want to.

JMBD: I just have a pink bike with a banana seat and those cool colorful thin strips of plastic coming out of the handle bares but damned if I can't ride with the best of 'em. How do I join SOA?

motogpman2006: It's very easy to join. Just start following @smodofanarchy

JMBD: I heard you guys are making a patch or vest for Jen and Co.  How did that come about?

motogpman2006: Ya’ I'm looking at making a bunch of hoodies first then later going on to make a couple of real vests. I'm still playing around with designs but money is looking like a problem. Came about a joke @megels233 made about having vests.


JMBD: There's a great book by Neil Peart from Rush called Ghost Rider where he just biked Canada the US and Mexico to sort his head out after both his wife and child died. What's your dream bike trip?

motogpman2006: My dream ride is to ride ‘cross country down all of Europe. It would be beautiful.

JMBD: Finally, what character in any of Kev's films more represents you and why?

motogpman2006: I got to say I'm most like Randle from the original Clerks just ‘cus I love over thinking things and my mind jumps around like his.

No comments:

Post a Comment