Sunday, September 11, 2011

The S Files: Profiles of the SmodSquad - File 4: fishieshavenoeyes

With a tattoo of R2D2, a wish to kick ass in Big Trouble in Little China and a want to own a fucking hoverboard, fishieshave no eyes is your new geek gal dream come true. Snagging what has to be one of top choice SIR connection Twitter names, fishieshavenoeyes is a twin! Not enough for you, she also lives in L.A. and attends live SIR events regularly at the Lovitz. Jenn, you make the Bus Driver jealous.

JMewesBusDriver: Alright, anyone who clicks your twitter profile can get this but, please, just humor me. What's your actual name and your location?

fishiehavnoeyes: My name is Jennifer Cordova, but I go by Jenn. I live in Los Angeles Ca.

JMBD: What do you do for a living?

fishiehavnoeyes: This is a loaded question. I currently work as the website administrator for LNA Clothing, but I also do the retail customer service for the website as well as maintain the functionality of the website. I also help with Wholesale customer service and PR. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades.

JMBD: Tell me a bit more about yourself: hobbies, etc.? What does Jen do for fun?

fishiehavnoeyes: I used to dance a lot before I messed up my legs. I still dance but not with any technical skill. I love to sing I have been singing my whole life I used to want to sing as a career but I find myself enjoying singing more when I do it for fun. Reading and writing have always been two of my biggest passions. Oh! How could I almost forget baking? I don't think there is anything greater than baking something and having the people you love eat it and know that you put love and hard work in to making them something that tastes great and makes them feel good. If I could I would open a bakery.

JMBD: Alright, so I'm in on the joke that is your Twitter name as are most people who follow SIR... much to Jen's shagrin. How would you explain it, though, to somebody who's never heard a single SIR show?



fishiehavnoeyes: OK so how I explained my twitter name has actually worked. When I get asked why my twitter name is something so weird I go to smodamations. It's the first episode of the 2nd season and I make them watch it then they seem to understand. I still have some friends who don't get it. In all honesty the only reason I even started twitter was because I started listening to Kev and Jen in the morning. The day I heard Kevin making the Jen puppet voice and saying "the fishies have no eyes" I had to have the name.

JMBD: Why, just why DO the fishies have no eyes?

fishiehavnoeyes: Hmmmmm let’s see if I remember. It was  a pollutant, or maybe bigger fish eating them, no wait they were born without them right?.... I'm not sure that's terrible.


JMBD: How did you discover Kevin's work?

fishiehavnoeyes: I must credit my brother for introducing me to a lot of really great movies throughout my life. He used to sit me and my twin down and show us movies like Evil Dead, Death Becomes Her and Dogma. I still remember almost every scene in Dogma. I remember watching it and thinking this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen and it still holds up today. Ever since Dogma I have been a fan.

JMBD: I read on Twitter that you had an interesting experience before sitting down to watch Red State? Care to share?

fishiehavnoeyes: If I'm thinking about the right tweet it I was driving home from Brunch with my Boyfriends Mom and there was this car in front of us that looked as if Paint thinner had been thrown all over the roof and passenger side of it. you know how paint bubbles when paint thinner is applied well these bubbles were flying off and it was kind of funny; only in LA.

JMBD: Speaking of Red State, without any spoilers for those of us (like me) who haven't seen it yet, what did you think?

fishiehavnoeyes: Honestly was surprised by Red State. From the moment it started till the point we had a black out right as the credits started to roll I was interested by the whole concept and it was filmed beautifully. I don't want to describe much more cause I'm terrible at spoilers. My friends tell me all the time to not say a word if were watching something they haven't seen. It’s so hard.

JMBD: Living in LA gives you ample opportunity to catch one of the live appearances at the Lovitz. I saw you'd gone to one recently. Give me the deets, gal. What did you see? Explain what it's like seeing a live SIR show.

fishiehavnoeyes: I love going to the Lovitz!! I have been 3 time so far. The first time I went I was so nervous that I couldn't even say hi to James. I have gotten past that now and ever since it's a must to say hi to all of the Sir Team. Megan is such an awesome person. I love when I get a sec to talk with her. Last Friday my boyfriend and I saw Jay and Silent Bob Get Old and we met up with motoman2006 and sat at the same booth. We ate great food and, of course, had a couple drinks. I love when I finally get to meet the people I Tweet with. I can’t wait to go back.



JMBD: Speaking of Kev live, I once saw him get a dude to strip down naked on stage one piece of clothing at a time in a mock game show with the audience. Weird huh?

fishiehavnoeyes: LOL! It’s not that weird. Have you seen some of the "Let us Fuck" videos? Kevin and Jay have a way of bring out the funny in people. I wish I could have seen that. I would have died of laughter.

JMBD: Obviously, Kev has a good command over an audience. Why do you think he makes that transition from the director's chair, so to speak, to the stage so flawlessly?

fishiehavnoeyes: I can’t say for certain but I think it is because he knows who he is and what he wants. He has learned so much over the years and he’s able to take those experiences and make you feel like you lived them with him. There was an episode of Plus One Per Diem and they had George Carlin's daughter Kelly on and when Kevin spoke about the time on Dogma and George Carlin's wedding ring I cried. I could just picture it in my head. It was so touching.

JMBD: A crowd at the Lovitz must be an interesting experience. Describe the atmosphere? I've never seen the joint! What's the Lovitz look like, anyway?

fishiehavnoeyes: Seeing a live SIR show is so fun. The feel of the room is magnetic. Walking in to the Lovitz you can just feel these are my people, everyone is there for the same reason to laugh and enjoy seeing someone you are a fan of. Describing the layout of the Lovitz is a little hard. When you walk in there is a bar to your left and to the right is the stage. That's the first floor. There are stairs on both sides of the room so you can get to the second and third level. The second floor is where the bathrooms are and another bar. The third floor is where the DJ booth is and another bar. You just have to see it. It’s a beautiful theater I didn't know it was that big and  the first time I went I was blown away.

JMBD: You folks had a bit of a quake earlier in the summer. Were you there to experience it? What's your quake story?

fishiehavnoeyes: I actually don't have a great earthquake story for the one this summer. It wasn't too bad where I live. In all honesty I might not have noticed if the light in my dining room wasn't moving. I once almost sat though a Big earthquake when I was little because I was wrapped up in my Saturday morning cartoons. My mom had to grab me and my twin and we had no clue what was going on.


JMBD: So, Arnold Schwarzenegger was your freaking' Governor for a time? How odd was that? Were you a supporter?

fishiehavnoeyes: I don't really get in to politics. I have my opinions about policies and how things are being run but that's the thing about opinions there like assholes and everyone has one. I didn't support Arnold. I thought it was more a publicity stunt then a serious campaign.

JMBD: What's your favorite SIR show and why?

fishiehavnoeyes: That's a tough one... all of the shows have their great qualities but if a choice must be made I think Plus One Per Diem. I just love the banter between Kev and Jen. For me when they are talking to each other you can just hear the connection they have and the fact they hold nothing back is refreshing. A lot of the SIR shows have that quality to them.

JMBD: Tell me about a moment listening to one of the shows that really had you bustin' up.

fishiehavnoeyes: There have been so many moments but the one that sticks out in my head the most is recently CA has been extremely hot and you know how Jen has the Fresh Air Policy? Well it was so hot that at 9 am they were all sweating and overheating. Hearing Megan say "OK I'm sticking to the chair...this is serious" (or something like that) it had me near tears, and them asking Jen to allow them to turn the air on I felt there pain.

JMBD: Heard you call in recently. You sounded a bit nervous? Were you?

fishiehavnoeyes: I don't know why but yes I was nervous... it was a phone call and my heart was racing. I think I have more courage at the Lovitz cause I have a few drinks in me. It’s funny cause you would think it would be the opposite because I'm actually talking to some of them face to face. What can I say I'm a fan and I feel like in a little way I will always have that lump in my throat.

JMBD: What's something, that if it vanished right now, you would have a hard time functioning without?

fishiehavnoeyes: My bike. Not a motorcycle but a beach cruiser like bike. It’s my main form of transportation right now so if that vanished I would be S.O.L.  My boyfriend drives when we go to the Lovitz, but we both work during the week so my bike is my best friend.


JMBD: What character from one of Kev's flicks best resembles you and why?

fishiehavnoeyes: For my life right now I think Rene from Mallrats because she is so strong and not afraid to say what is on her mind. She has a lot of love but is strong enough to let people know when they are wrong.

JMBD: Kev and Jay play this game from time to time called Let us Act. If you could act out any scene from any movie with Mr. Mewes what would it be and why?


fishiehavnoeyes: Hmmmmmmm........ this is a really great question. I think it would have to be the final battle in Big Trouble in Little China where Kurt Russell kills Lo Pan. That is one of my favorite movies and I would love to play Lo Pan. Anyone who has not seen this movie must. It’s an 80's movie but it has a cult following and in its own way it is a classic.

JMBD: Finally: you can own any movie prop. What are your top 3?

fishiehavnoeyes: I have to pick just 3..... this is going to be hard.

#1 would have to be an R2D2, I have him tattooed on the top of my foot that's how much I love R2D2 and the Star Wars franchise.

#2 The Hover Board from Back to the Future 2. I love the concept of a skate board without wheels and just as fast. I also just found out on SIR that Nike is going to release the sneakers Michael J Fox wore in that movie. I want a pair bad.

3# Last but not least the dark crystal from the movie Dark Crystal. This movie has been one of my Favorite movie since I was a little. To own the dark crystal would be epic!

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome Thank you again for letting me participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just watched the video of the guy striping hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen ur a rock star! great interview Bus Driver!

    ReplyDelete